Friday, November 6, 2015

Share #10: Meditation, jasmine tea, yogurt, toast

I haven't seen Lyn Coffin and her sweet dog Charlie in a long time. It was nice to touch base. We used to sit meditation together. Lyn is an extraordinary poet, translator and playwright. She had new work to share, two translations, including "The Knight in the Panther Skin" by Shota Rustaveli, an epic, Georgian, medieval poem. What a beautiful book, three years in the making!

Lyn told me about her world tour to London, Georgia, Iceland, Mexico and New York and about her upcoming reading at the Seattle Public Library later this month. She'll be reading from her new poems, stories and a play called "Lutefisk." It took a while to catch up, which we did over breakfast. Then we sat for 30 minutes, which felt good and grounding, and planned to sit again tomorrow.

Namo Buddhaya Namo Dharmaya Namo Sanghaya.

My Share is calling me to do the things I have been avoiding, things I want to do. It's calling me into relationship with, what Thaddeus Golas calls, the universe. "We are equal beings and the universe is our relations with each other."


No comments:

Post a Comment